We are looking for a Postdoc to work in an interdisciplinary and internationally competitive environment at Karolinska Institute, one of the top medical universities in the world and the home for the Nobel Prize in Medicine.
We combine imaging analyses, statistical tools, machine learning algorithms, biofluid assays and genetics to study brain aging and the earliest signs of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
This project will be carried out under the supervision of Assistant Professor Joana B. Pereira and it will involve analyzing cross-sectional and longitudinal imaging data, combining clinical measures and cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers, as well as writing manuscripts and presenting results in international conferences. The fellow is expected to be independent, develop his or her own projects, supervise students and show an interest in approaches based on graph theory. In addition, he/she will have the opportunity to develop new skills, analyze large datasets, apply for grants and develop a wide network of collaborations.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- A PhD in neuroimaging, computational science, neuropsychology, physics, statistics or a related field;
- Experience in statistical techniques, programming, or scripting;
- Experience with structural MRI, DTI, fMRI or PET imaging analyses;
- Clinical or research experience with aging and/or neurodegenerative disorders.
- Excellent record of scientific publications.
The Postdoctoral studies will be performed for 1 year, with possible extension for an additional year. There are also possibilities for a longer appointment after this 2-year period.
To apply please go to: https://ki.varbi.com/what:job/jobID:305265/
For further information or general inquires, please contact Joana B. Pereira (email@example.com).