AFNI version info (afni -ver): linux_ubuntu_16_64: Jun 29 2023 (Version AFNI_23.1.10 'Publius Helvius Pertinax'')

hello AFNI experts,
When I used afni_proc.py to preprocess the Monkey fMRI data, the following error came up:

Then I used @Align Centers : -base {ref_base} -dset {sdir_anat2} -child ${ddets_epi}
But the problem is not solved, there is no change in the image after and before alignment, why is that?

Hi-

Can you please copy+paste the full afni_proc.py command you are using? It will help diagnose things.

Could you also please trying running the following:

@djunct_overlap_check \
    -ulay DSET_ANAT \
    -olay DSET_REF \
    -prefix IMG_OLAP

... where DSET_ANAT is your input anatomical volume (probably a T1w anatomical) and DSET_REF is the reference/template volume you are using? This command will make an image that shows the initial overlap of those---I wonder if part of the problem here is that they are very far away to start, like if the anatomical has not-well-centered coordinates, and that is creating a memory issue.

So, please post the image (or images) that are output by that command, as well as the afni_proc.py command, and hopefully those will suggest what is happening.

thanks,
pt

Similarly, the EPI could be far off from the anat (sometimes the volume origins are not correct). It might be good to see how the +orig space vr_base dataset overlaps with the +orig space anat.

• rick