AFNI Mini-Bootcamp, March 25-26, 2024 (NIH campus, Bethesda, MD, USA)

We are pleased to announce an AFNI Mini-Bootcamp on NIH Campus (Bethesda, MD, USA) in Natcher/Building 45, from March 25-26, 2024.

This Mini-Bootcamp will focus on setting up FMRI processing (choices, parameters, etc.), data visualization and particularly quality control (checking properties of the input data, assessing processing steps, etc.). The classes will be very interactive with data analysis and visualization.

Please note: at present, the continuing resolution for the funding of DHHS (which includes NIH) expires on March 8. If funding is not extended through the March 25-26 date, then the Bootcamp will have to be cancelled. We sincerely hope to host the Bootcamp, but we will be unable to have it in any form (even by Zoom) if NIH/DHHS are shutdown. Please factor accordingly for any travel/attendance plans.

The registration link and other useful information here: https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/bootcamp

Quick notes

• There will be a Zoom link while teaching, but this will mostly be “observation only”, as we will only be able to focus on questions and user-help within the classroom.
  • The exact schedule is still TBD, but it will last two full days, approx. 9am-5pm.
  • Users must have their own computer with AFNI and Bootcamp data already installed; we provide no computers.
  • All expenses and arrangements (travel, accommodation, food, etc.) must be prepared and paid for by the attendees.
  • Please see the link above for further descriptions.

Questions may be sent to: afni.bootcamp@gmail.com

1 Like

Is a sample agenda available for the workshop? We are trying to coordinate flight times. Thanks!

Howdy-

We appreciate the interest for traveling to get here. We are in the process of finalizing this still, and hope to do so soon.

--pt

... and apologies for the delay, here is a tentative schedule (NB: some of the lectures might switch around in order):

--pt

Thank you so much for the updates about the program! I would like to know if the zoom link will be available the same day or before. I have sent my application throughout google modules to participate online. Many thanks!

It will be sent out to registered attendees a bit before.

--pt

1 Like

Where the zoom registration will be uploaded? Thanks in advance!