SurfaceROI transfer to 1D format with all nodes list

Hi experts,

I would like to transfer a .roi file from a surface to a .1D file with all node numbers in the list. I used ROI2DARASET function but only got the nodes numbers included in the ROI. Is there any way to realise this?

thanks for help.

Regards

Howdy-

Let’s say you have an ROI that you converted to a dset, such as following this example in the Bootcamp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KrIDiN022k&list=PL_CD549H9kgqSs51SCNZQ4q57IguXvFI8&index=4
… by running the following:

ROI2dataset -prefix tuna.lh.niml.dset -input tuna.lh.niml.roi

Indeed, the tuna.lh.niml.dset dset does just contain the list of nodes in the ROI region. NB: if you wanted the above output as a *1D.dset, you could run the following with the “-of …” option to specify “output format”:

ROI2dataset -prefix tuna.lh -of 1D -input tuna.lh.niml.roi

You can use ConvertDset to make a “full” dset. You basically have to provide the max index that you want your dset to have, either as a number, an ld* value (related to MapIcosahedron), or by providing an example dset with appropriate size of mesh (probably what I would personally prefer):

ConvertDset -input tuna.lh.niml.dset -prefix full_tuna.lh -o_1D -pad_to_node d:std.141.lh.sulc.niml.dset 

# have 2 columns of data: one is value at each node, 2nd is list of node indices:
ConvertDset -input tuna.lh.niml.dset -prefix full_tuna.lh -o_niml_asc -pad_to_node d:std.141.lh.sulc.niml.dset -add_node_index

Does that do what you want?

–pt

Hi, again-

And actual, Daniel Glen pointed out that the above can be done more efficiently, but using the “-pad_to_node …” option within ROI2dataset directly:

ROI2dataset -prefix full_tuna.lh -of 1D -input tuna.lh.niml.roi -pad_to_node d:std.141.lh.sulc.niml.dset

… so you can try that.

–pt