Question: Would afni work in Rocky Linux 9.x environment?

Hi,
The operating system of our Linux computer is going to be upgraded to Rocky Linux 9.x.
I am wondering if afni and suma have a version of SW which can run in Rocky Linux 9.x environment smoothly and correctly.

Thanks for your reply in advance,

Jian

Hi Jian,

There is a linux_rocky_8.tgz package that you could try out. And see the build instructions at OS_notes.linux_rocky_8.txt.

I don't recall whether there is an issue with libgsl (which is common, since they seem to continuously update their version number). If so you could work around that, or else just build it yourself. You could start by installing the rocky_8 package and see how it goes. It would be quick to try out, and easy to build on your own if need be.

• rick

Thank you for your quick reply!
After considering, we decide to use Ubuntu as our OS. Hope Ubuntu will support afni fully.

Jian

Hi Jian,

That sounds good. For the record, I would expect Rocky to work just as well and easily, and I would be happy to help compile it if you wanted to go that route. The potential of a libgsl issue would apply to both (issue is an overstatement, it is trivial to overcome).

• rick

Howdy-

Just to note, AFNI+SUMA run well on Ubuntu, certainly---many users (including myself) can use precompiled binaries on 16.04-22.04, or build their own on those systems.

There are installation pages for Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 here:
https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/pub/dist/doc/htmldoc/background_install/main_toc.html
... and for older ones under the "installation for older OSs" there.

--pt