Help with timing_tool.py

Hi,

I was trying to concatenate timing data of three runs, using for loop across all subject's sub-directories.
The problem I'm facing is that if the FSL format timing file has just one entry of onset times, the timing_tool is not able to identify the data and .1D file doesn't show any onset times?

Here is the command-

for subj in `cat sublist.txt`; 
do 
if [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*taskaCorrect_Run1_NE.txt ] && [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*taskaCorrect_Run2_NE.txt ]; then
timing_tool.py -fsl_timing_files ${subj}/${subj}*taskaCorrect_Run1_NE.txt ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run2_NE.txt -write_as_married -select_runs 1 2 0 -write_timing ${subj}/${subj}_taska-NE.1D
elif [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run1_NE.txt ] && [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run3_NE.txt ]; then
timing_tool.py -fsl_timing_files ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run1_NE.txt ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run3_NE.txt -write_as_married -select_runs 1 0 2 -write_timing ${subj}/${subj}_taska-NE.1D
elif [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run2_NE.txt ] && [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run3_NE.txt ]; then
timing_tool.py -fsl_timing_files ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run2_NE.txt ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run3_NE.txt -write_as_married -select_runs 0 1 2 -write_timing ${subj}/${subj}_taska-NE.1D
elif [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*NogoIncorrect_Run1_NE.txt ] && [ ! -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run2_NE.txt ] && [ ! -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run3_NE.txt ]; then
timing_tool.py -fsl_timing_files ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run1_NE.txt -write_as_married -select_runs 1 0 0 -write_timing ${subj}/${subj}_taska-NE.1D 
elif [ -f ${subj}/${subj}*NogoIncorrect_Run2_NE.txt ] && [ ! -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run1_NE.txt ] && [ ! -f ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run3_NE.txt ]; then
timing_tool.py -fsl_timing_files ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run2_NE.txt -write_as_married -select_runs 0 1 0 -write_timing ${subj}/${subj}_taska-NE.1D 
else timing_tool.py -fsl_timing_files ${subj}/${subj}*taska_Run3_NE.txt -write_as_married -select_runs 0 0 1 -write_timing ${subj}/${subj}_taska-NE.1D 
fi 
done 

What might be the issue here?

I have double checked this, FSL text files which have multiple entries of onset times have been correctly converted to .1D format.

Thank you (in advance) for the suggestion!

Nt

Hello,

To be sure, exactly what do the files look like? Would you post maybe the first 10 lines or so from one of those FSL timing files?

Thanks,

• rick